Effective Date: February 1, 2019
MDAdvantage collects personally identifiable information including name, mailing addresses, e-mail address, phone number, company and industry, job title, educational degree, and information regarding desired registration when an individual uses the online registration form for "MDAdvisor" publication, when you register for risk management education events on the Site or when you contact us via the contact form on our Site. This information is stored electronically when you submit it to us through the Site. When you make a purchase through our Site, the payment is processed by our payment service providers. MDAdvantage, however, does not collect, store or transmit your credit card or payment information.
We may also receive certain contact information about you, such as name and address, from third parties such as industry associations, your state’s board of medical examiners, or other email list providers on an ad-hoc basis.
Information Collected Automatically
In addition, information about your computer hardware and software is automatically collected by MDAdvantage when you use the Site. This information may include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, referring website addresses and other technical information such as protocol status and sub status, bytes sent and received, and server information. We may also collect information about how you interact with the Site. This information is used by MDAdvantage for the operation and improvement of the Site, for technical troubleshooting, to maintain quality of the Site, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Site.
Cookies and Other Information Collection Tools
What are cookies? A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website or use an online service. When you visit the website or use the service again, the cookie allows that website or online service to recognize your browser or device. Cookies may store unique identifiers, user preferences and other information.
How do I control cookies? Web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Some web browsers provide settings that allow a user to reject cookies or to alert a user when a cookie is placed on the user’s computer, tablet or mobile device. Most mobile devices also offer settings to reject mobile device identifiers. Although users are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers, blocking or rejecting them may prevent access to some features available through the Site.
How Information is Used
We may use the information we collect for any of the following purposes:
- to provide the Site to you and to improve the Site;
- To provide you with our services, such as to provide access to our MDAdvisor publication if you are a subscriber;
- to operate, improve, and personalize the services we offer, and to give each user a more consistent and personalized experience when interacting with us;
- to provide you with information about services or events that we think may be of interest to you;
- for customer service, security, to detect fraud or illegal activities, and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Site;
- for research and analysis purposes; and
- to communicate with you.
Sharing of Information
- With Third Party Service Providers Performing Services on Our Behalf. We share your personal information with our service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them. For example, we may use third parties to host the Site or assist us in providing functionality on the Site, provide data analysis and research services, to send out email updates about the Site, provide marketing and advertising services for us, remove repetitive information from our user lists, and process payments.
- With Brokers. Certain registered users of the Site with whom you have a verified and existing broker/client business relationship may have access to some of the information you provide to us for the purposes of furthering your relationship with those parties.
- For Legal Purposes. We also may share information that we collect from users as needed to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose personal information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share personal information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
- Changes of Control. We may transfer information, including your personal information, in connection with a change of ownership or control by or of us or any affiliated entity (in each case whether in whole or in part).
MDAdvantage does not share your information with third parties for those third parties’ marketing purposes.
Security Used and Retention of Personal Information
MDAdvantage uses reasonable security measures designed to prevent unauthorized intrusion to the Site and the alteration, acquisition or misuse of personal information, however, we will not be responsible for loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse of personal information that you provide through the Site that is stored by us, or for any damages resulting from such loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information.
MDAdvantage will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by applicable laws or regulation, or until you request that we delete it. You may modify your information with MDAdvantage. Copies of information that you have updated, modified, or deleted will remain in our systems if applicable law requires us to retain it.
Links to External Websites
Do Not Track
MDAdvantage does not track its customers over time and across third party websites and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track signals at this time. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from any person under the age of thirteen. No parts of our Site are directed to or designed to attract anyone under the age of thirteen.
Questions and Changes in Information
888-355-5551 and speak with one of our customer service specialists
MDAdvantage Insurance Company
100 Franklin Corner Road
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648-2104
Notification of Changes